You are here
Letter from Stephen Crocker to Heather Dryden Regarding the Implementation of GAC Safeguard Advice
This letter from Stephen Crocker, Chair of the ICANN Board, to Heather Dryden, Chair of the Governmental Advisory Committee, is in response to the Implementation of GAC Safeguard Advice. Specifically, it addresses the following issues:
- The process for verification of WHOIS information; 2)
- The proactive verification of credentials for registrants of domain names in regulated and highly regulated industries (the relevant Category 1 strings);
- The proactive security checks by registries;
- The Public Interest Commitments Dispute Resolution Process (PICDRP), which is not defined as to length of procedure or outcome; and
- Discrimination in restricted TLDs.